Tuesday, May 27, 2008



Okay, so several unfortunate occurrences took place this weekend.
My uncle and grandparents came up from New Jersey so my mom decided to throw a party, and I was like... oh cool! I can make the sticky buns. And so I did. So while they were rising, my friends called me up and were like... "hey, let's go clubbing" so I did. I told my mom how and when to bake the buns and all was well until i got home. They left me the smallest buns in the batch and like... only three of them at that.
So I had to take a picture of the three most miserable looking buns in the batch and after snapping several miserable looking pictures of three miserable looking buns, I ate them. Then going through my camera, I realized that my brother had played with my camera and made the setting super dark. So my pictures came out dark and gloomy looking. The flash made everything too bright and so all in all, pictures were pretty miserable. Fortunately, I still have half a batch of dough left since I made the full batch of brioche dough. I'll post my miserable looking photos of my 3 miserable buns today and update with happier photos either by the end of the day, or by tomorrow (hopefully).

Now, some feedback on the process of the bun making. It turned out pretty well actually. My dough didn't seem to rise as well as I wanted or expected it to, but it tasted pretty good. I thought that the three sticks of butter in the brioche dough was a little ridiculous (especially for someone watching her weight {moi} so I took out one stick. It probably made it less tasty or moist than it should have been, but I found three sticks a little scary. I should have substituted it for something else to help keep the dough more moist.
Other than that, I felt as if it was pretty much just a normal cinnamon bun. I've had better, but maybe that's cause I left out one stick of butter? =\ My fault probably. I'll do it over

6 comments:

LyB said...

I just hate when someone fools around with my camera behind my back! :) Still you got to eat 3 homemade sticky buns, not bad!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

I'm surprised they saved you three. These sticky buns are soooooo good.

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

Engineer Baker said...

This just means you have to make them again, right? ;)

CB said...

well at least you know they were good right? Welcome to TWD! Great job!
Clara @ I♥food4thought

The Kitchen Vixen said...

I'm shocked they saved you any at all. They look pretty good and not too gloomy to me.

P.S. I've had better too;)

Jacque said...

Ah, what a shame about the pics. They still look yummy though. Great job!