Monday, May 19, 2008






I decided to take the Daring Baker challenge from a while ago. I'm not yet a daring baker, but starting next month I will be. I'm really excited.
Anyhow, After I saw pictures of this cake, I've been itching to make it. Finally, I couldn't stand it anymore and woke up at 1:00 am to do it.

The preparation isn't difficult, but like always, I fail to follow recipe for the cake part. Everytime, I'm always doubting the recipe and end up changing it. That's not good.... cause I'm usually wrong. Anyhow, the cake inside took me two tries to get decently right. I realized that if I'm going to rely on air to make my cakes rise, I need to bake them immediately after I've whipped the batter. I had technical difficulties with my springform cake pan.... It didn't occur to me that it would leak... -_-.... so I had to take the leaking pan out of the oven, and left the batter there for like.. half an hour. When I baked it, the air was almost gone and the cake had this gross unrisen flour-egg texture.

I've learned my lesson. Other than the cake, everything turned out upretty well. I'm pleased with the results. It's not my cake of choice for eating, but it's a nice and pretty piece I can show off.
I'm sort of new to this entire baking thing so I'll be making a lot of blunders, but stick with me. I'll get better. =D

3 comments:

Susie Homemaker said...

Hi! I just dropped by to see your TWD post (tsk tsk) but that's okay! I am new to the whole food thing, too, but in the past month it has gone wild for me! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I have. Can't wait to see what you still have to come...

Susie Homemaker said...

me again - just wanted to say this sure looks pretty, whether you liked eating it or not, I may have to give it a try!

stop by my blog again and sign up for the my kitchen my world group - it's going to be a lot of fun i think!

Marija said...

That's a beautiful cake. It was the same cake that made me join Daring Bakers. What a coincidence :) I saw it on many blogs, made it, and very soon started my own blog.

So, welcome to DBs! I'm sure you'll do great with the challenges!