Saturday, May 17, 2008






Well, here's to my first post.
We had an orchestra party yesterday and I thought, hey, might as well have some fun baking. When I bake something, it always has to be for someone else otherwise I end up eating it all and gaining 20 pounds.

So I made a nice fruit tart.
It was my first time making a fruit tart and I totally forgot that I ran out of fresh fruit so I used frozen raspberries and and frozen blueberries instead. The kiwis are fresh.

The crust was absolutely stunning. Flaky, tender, and perfectly flavored. I love the taste of the salty crust (just right)--sweet cream--fresh fruit combination. It's delicious.

The tart was gone within minutes with people going back for seconds and thirds.

My cake turned out pretty well too. A pumpkin spice cake with butterscotch mousse and butterscotch, brown sugar icing. I was really satisfied. That disappeared too. I have to work on the aesthetics a bit, but I'll improve.

No comments: