Tuesday, June 17, 2008

TWD: challenge






Yes! I made the deadline.
I've been totally swamped these days with final papers and just finals in general. I'm going to be at Duke for a business program for the next 3 weeks so i won't be able to post anything/bake anything. =(.
This recipe turned out quite well. The pastry was lovely, just like store bought cream puff pastry dough. The only problem I had was my failure to read. I went to the supermarket today to pick up a little container of heavy cream only to discover upon my return that I had picked up light cream instead. I wasn't willing to return to the supermarket so I just added 3 egg yolks to thicken it. It turned out pretty well. The flavor of the mint is charming. Strong, but charming. This was quite an easy recipe. Next time I'll do it properly.

8 comments:

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

How on earth did you find time for this? Looks lovely! And have a great time at Duke!

Rebecca
http://www.ezrapoundcake.com

ostwestwind said...

Next time you do it properly, you are kidding! Your ring looks perfect

Ulrike from Küchenlatein

Susie Homemaker said...

Great job! And nice improvisation! I would have scrapped it up to a failed TWD...but you didn't!
Have fun at Duke - I think it's so pretty there...but NC is HOT right now! Stay Cool!

Jaime said...

looks like your ring puffed up nicely!

Bungalow Barbara said...

Looks great! That was good thinking with the light cream -- after all, pastry cream is also a traditional filling for cream puffs. Good for you!

noskos said...

Great job!!

Anne said...

Looks so good! Have a great trip!

Dolores said...

"Properly" is open to interpretation... I think your egg-enhanced cream puff ring looks lovely.