Tuesday, July 29, 2008


Well, I'm back. Gosh, it's been too long.
Anyhow the Twd challenge this week was the summer fruit galette, but I came across quite a few problems.
My family has quite a few allergies to fruit especially and being a tuesday, i can't really share it with anyone else other than my family. So I turned the galette into an apple and apricot galette and left out the custard. Tasted like one big apple pie with a good amount of tartness to it. The crust turned out beautifully. It was perfectly flaky and I rushed it with an egg before baking it. Not too many pictures this time I'm afraid. My great grandmother cut it up, stuffed it into a pyrex container, and shoved the now unidentifiable dessert into the fridge. I was pretty angry. I looked around yesterday for it after I made realized that all my pictures were blurry to take some more pictures and couldn't find it anywhere. Never thought that the stuff in the pyrex container would be it. I thought it was left over beef and chicken.
So that's what I'm stuck with. Maybe I'll make it again today. It would be a bloody waste though. I've already gained 7 pounds this summer from my nearly limitless mealplan at Duke.

6 comments:

Susie Homemaker said...

Welcome back...you did a great job!

Tara said...

The crust looks great!!!

The Food Librarian said...

The one photo captures it all! Looks great!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Your crust looks great!

Dolores said...

Who needs a bunch of extra pictures; the one you have looks GREAT. Welcome back!

Bungalow Barbara said...

That looks lovely, and yummy too!